Centrifugal Partition Chromatography (CPC) Systems
Purification of Crude Extract
Gilson is pleased to offer a complete range of centrifugal partition chromatography (CPC) systems. Also known as counter current chromatography (CCC), CPC is a liquid-liquid purification technique that does not require traditional solid supports. The main aim of this silica-free technology is to isolate the maximum amount of a specific molecule at the highest purity, in a short
time, and without using a silica column or any support media.
Key Benefits of CPC Purification
- No column to replace or silica to recycle
- Five times less solvent consumption
- High injection capacity (from milligrams to many kilograms of sample)
- 95% recovery – no irreversible absorption or denaturation of fragile molecule
- 99% purity or better
- Complex sample injection/purification in one step
- Adaptable to diverse application fields from isolation of compounds from complex natural extracts to purification of proteins and synthetic molecules and fermentation broth
Why Choose CPC Systems?
A variety of configuration options available: all CPC systems can be connected to either a PLC Purification System or Gilson modular HPLC system in place of a traditional LC column
Entirely automated solution with dedicated Gilson Glider CPC software when configured with a PLC Purification System
Targeted detection via UV/VIS, ELSD, and MS. Mass-directed purification saves time and money by targeting compounds of interest, which results in a reduction of the overall number of fractions collected that require dry down, reconstitution, and analysis.